- This year’s virtual summer seminar is $350 per person, or $450 if you want to sign up for 3 CEUs (CEUs are equivalent to Quarter units, not Semester units). Please indicate your preference when you register for the seminar.
- We encourage you to apply for funds through your school site or district. If you do not receive funding from those sources, then please apply for one of the scholarships we offer. See the next section.
We have scholarships available via three sources. Please indicate when you register if you would like to apply for one of the scholarship funds in the event that you are unable to get funding from your school or district. Scholarships cannot cover the cost of CEUs, so we can only offer scholarships for the registration (up to $350 maximum).
- The CARES Scholarship provides financial support to California teachers who are not able to receive financial assistance from their school, district or other sources AND who demonstrate need. This funding is only available for teachers who reside and teach in California. Please complete this application by June 30, 2021.
For more information about the CARES Scholarship, please click on this link.
- The Japan Foundation Scholarship is provided by the Government of Japan through the Japan Foundation to support teachers of Japanese in the United States. The scholarship is only offered to the participants of the Japanese Strand to defray the cost of attending the strand, which is designed in order to further the study of Japanese Language and Culture in American schools.
- The Sylvia Jones Legacy Scholarship provides financial support to CLTA members who have been teaching languages between 10-20 years. The number of teachers and the amount that each teacher is awarded each year is dependent on revenue generated by the legacy and by contributions. For more information about the Sylvia Jones Fund, please click on this link.